1. On your left side bar – about midway down the page you will see “Appearances” Hover over it & click on Themes
Note: Professional Plan users must have purchased and downloaded Genesis previous to this step. Make sure your Genesis download it in a .zip file before trying to upload it to WordPress
2. Click Add new Theme & choose Upload a Theme. Then Choose File locate your Genesis .zip file and “Install Now.”
3. Once installed, choose Return to Themes Page
4. Repeat step 2 with your theme_name.zip file downloaded from ChurchPress.co
Note:You must have Genesis installed prior to uploading your ChurchPress theme, you will see WordPress will locate the parent theme, Genesis, before successfully installing your ChurchPress theme.
5. Once installed, choose Activate.
Note: At any point while working on your website in WordPress you can click Visit Site to preview your page. And then use your back arrow to return to the previous screen
6. (Optional, but recommended) You can delete the three default WordPress themes (“Twenty Fifteen,” “Twenty Fourteen” and “Twenty Thirteen”) by clicking on each image of them and choosing “Delete” in red writing in the bottom right corner of the page.
7. If Genesis shows an update available (red banner across the top of the theme box) click on the theme image & choose “Update Now”
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed your ChurchPress Theme & you’re ready to customize your site!